You’ve committed to compete in an IronMan and made changes to your life that non-athlete friends would consider unfathomable. As triathletes, we train for an individual sport but rarely get to the finish line entirely on our own.
Seeking expert knowledge, motivation and constructive criticism may have more of an impact on your overall success than any other singular component of your regimen. Originally from: www.ironman.com
Individual Coaching package:
£250 pcm, minimum 6 months. Includes:
- Before coaching begins: Initial 1:1 consultation session to establish goals and aspirations and create your annual training plan (ATP) customised to your lifestyle, availability and performance
- Weekly during training: phone call with coach to establish your individualised weekly IronMan/70.3 programme and to reflect on the previous weeks training
- Throughout training: training sessions/activities monitored, analysed and commented
- Periodised training: training plans mapped per season/event
- Free TrainingPeaks premium account
To ensure that KonaCoach can deliver this package and give athletes the time and attention they deserve, a limited number of spaces are available each year. If you wish to be considered, please use the Contact Us form to register interest.
Optional extras at £30ph + travel
- 1:1 Individual coaching sessions
- 1:1 Video analysis
Coaching is not just about training you to reach peak physical fitness and performance through expert tuition and advice. It covers everything you need to know to become an IronMan and compete at Kona: what kit to use to maximise success, how to play to your strengths and minimise your weaknesses, how to plan ahead to each course, how to master transition from swim to bike to run, what to eat leading up to the event and on the day, how to reconcile your day-to-day life with training.
Most importantly, it's about shaping your body and mind, supporting you to develop the attitude for optimal training and racing so you can perform to your physical potential and prepare for the race of your life.
Kona Coach uses a combination of one-to-one personal tuition and virtual coaching, using the latest interactive training technology, to enable effective training of trialthletes from any location.
Included with the coaching package is a Premium Account for TrainingPeaks, an online calendar allowing for interactive input and evaluation, and use of GPS watches and power meters on bikes are suggested to further analyse training performance.